NEUTRAL GOLDEN (also known as Yellow) pearl overtones are the most prevalent out of any harvest. They are a secondary, transparent tinge of gold over the primary body color of the pearl (Gold), and so appear that the pearls have no overtone at all.
- Who Will Love It: Just about everybody who loves Golden South Sea pearls will enjoy a Gold overtone.
- Why They'll Love It: The Neutral Gold overtones are the easiest to match to nearly any complexion, and allow the pearl’s natural color to really shine!
- Recommended Pairings: Yellow gold clasps, mountings and bales will enhance these pearls’ natural Golden tones, helping them appear brighter and richer.
ROSE overtones on Golden South Sea pearls are a faint blush of pink color over the main Golden body color of the pearls.
- Who Will Love It: Pale and fair-skinned women will be able to wear this overtone easily, as it adds a touch of warmth to the pearls and the complexion.
- Why They'll Love It: The Rose overtone is a ‘warm’ Golden South Sea color, which boosts the pearls’ sparkle and makes it easier to pair with a variety of complexions and outfits.
- Recommended Pairings: Yellow gold is the easiest and most complimentary metal to use.
GREEN / BRONZE overtones on Golden South Sea pearls are the trickiest of all to wear. They appear as a distinct greenish tinge over the golden body color of the pearl.
- Who Will Love It: Women with very dark skin, or those with yellow/green undertones to their complexions will be able to pull off this look the best.
- Why They’ll Love It: The cool undertones in their complexions will not clash with a Green/Bronze overtone, making it a complimentary color choice. That and the Green/Bronze overtone is a very unique and visually appealing overtone that is sure to capture attention!
- Recommended Pairings: Yellow gold is usually the best choice for this overtone combo, as it enhances the contrasting colors making for a visually striking piece of jewelry!
*CHAMPAGNE colored Golden South Sea pearls are not really an overtone, they are more of a rare and distinct body color. The Champagne hue is a pale pinkish-peach coloring very reminiscent of a fine champagne.
- Who Will Love It: Blondes and light brunettes will do well with this pearl color, as well as ladies with pink or red undertones to their complexions.
- Why They'll Love It: The pale, pastel hues will be flattering to complexions that don’t handle heavy colors well.
- Recommended Pairings: This overtone/color could go either way, but usually a nice yellow gold will help warm the pearls up and enhance their sparkle.